To answer the question ‘does your website need a redesign?’ you have to assess a lot more than the design of your website. You may have a design that you are happy with, but can the website itself fulfil the goals that you require it to as a business?
Ask some honest questions of your website:
- Is your current website preventing you from meeting your online marketing goals?
- Is my web site responsive (e.g. does it work properly on mobile devices)?
- Is my web site performing well on search engines?
- Could my website include more functionality that may increase business?
- Do my customers like using my web site?
- Does my web site take a long time to load?
- Is my web site easy to use and navigate?
- Are new customers getting in touch and if not why?
- Is your website providing you with the all round results that you want it to?
- Is the purpose of my web site the same as it was when it was built or has your business changed since then
- Have your competitors recently upgraded their web sites?
- Does my web site connect with my social media accounts?
- And lastly is my web site secure?
If reading the above list raises questions for you then it probably is time to get your web site redesigned.
Why get your website redesigned
Technology moves at a very fast pace so it can be very easy to get left behind, especially the technology used to design and build web sites. In just the last few years we have seen upgrades to languages, tooling, feature support in browsers, changes in communication technology and even design software has changed dramatically.
The technical side of web design and development can seem confusing to most people, which is why I have not listed the many interesting technology updates here, but they all have an impact on your web site and its performance.
We can update your website for you, whether you’d prefer to keep your current branding or go for something completely new. We can redesign your branding and create a web site in line with your new branding, or we can adapt what you already have to be more modern.
We use the latest technology to build web sites to ensure that your web site stays up to date for as long as possible and we also offer support to keep it that way. Many of our customers are on their second or third redesign whilst staying with us for the whole journey of their web site’s lifecycle.
Get in touch if you would like any more information about how we can improve your web site for you.
Surrey Web Design also provide Ecommerce stores, Apps and Web Applications.